Are you living abroad or leaving the CNMI and could not make it to the polling stations on Election Day? If you are, you will be voting absentee. This election year, the Commonwealth Election Commission has instituted an online absentee application process that will surely provide a smoother experience.
To prevent any issues and to ensure the reliability and validity of each application, an email address is required for each applicant. If you do not have an email address, you can create one from many free online email portals. In addition, a valid ID showing your picture and signature is also required, and you will be allowed to upload it later. If your picture and signature are not on the same side of your document, please take a picture of each separately and upload both images.
Although the online application was developed to accommodate different devices such as smartphones and tablets, it is recommended that a desktop computer be used to prevent any issues. If your desktop computer is not touchscreen capable, please sign with your mouse.
The online application is straightforward and the same questions are asked in the official absentee application form. However, should you need help, a detailed guide is provided and can be downloaded by clicking the button below.
The absentee application will open on August 25, 2022. Prepare yourself with the information that will be asked. Click the tabs below to see the information you will need to provide.
- Section 1 Election type and year
- Section 2 Applicant Information
- Section 3 Send ballot to
- Section 4 Signature
- Election type is: General Election (this information will be automatically filled out for you)
- Election year is: 2022 (this information will be automatically filled out for you)
- Last 4 digits of your social security number
- Date of birth
- Last name
- First name
- Middle name
- Primary phone number
- Secondary phone number
- Other phone number
- Email address
- CNMI residential address (physical address, for example, 1234 Beach Road, or Chalan Kanoa #3)
- Precinct or Village
- Zip code
- CNMI mailing address (this is the address your postal mail is delivered)
- Zip code
- Reason for absentee
- Forwarding address (This is your mailing address to where the ballot will be sent. Please make sure your address is correct and includes your Zip Code. If there are errors in your address, chances are that you will not receive your ballot, so please make sure your address is correct.)
- Signature of applicant (Please sign with a stylus or your finger if you have a touchscreen or mouse)
- Signature of witness (This is required if the applicant is unable to sign the application. Please have the applicant mark an ‘X’ in the ‘Signature of Applicant’ in Section 3.)
- Mailing address of witness (Postal mailing address of the witness)